BILL Forum

BILL Forum

Next step in the dance!..

HOME Forum Discussion Forum Next step in the dance!..

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Legend 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Legend
    Participant

Hello, my name is Stephen . I’m 52yrs old . In 1983 I had a m/bike accident which left me with a triple fusion ,staples, k-wires and skin grafts to my left foot. After the 5yrs it took to sort my foot out I was ready , rebuilt, and raring to go. First few yrs were ok I was still young and full of enthusiasm for life albeit slightly curtailed by the lack of movement in my left foot . I continued to ride m/cs . It is my reason ‘d’ etre.and still is what motivates me. 15 yrs ago I moved to France leaving rainy Scotland behind . I came to France because I sort of new that my leg wasn’t going to last my working life. ,…news flash!…it hasn’t !..so now after 30 odd yrs and and a number of related problems rearing their ugly heads . Knee & hip problems and a once good leg now becoming just as much an issue as my left leg I am faced with the greatest delema . elective amputation!…many many people in the past have suggested this to me , you’d be much better off “they”say but I’m finding it difficult to get my head round these little pearls of wisdom . Im very attached to my foot/leg and it’s very attached to me … courtesy of the many bolts, staples and wires . Sorry Scottish humour !..so it’s taken me 4days after joining this forum to gather the guts to right this and I suppose to concede that I need to at least entertain the idea of amputation . I’m not a dinasaur but I’m having an internal battle in my head ,part of me says ” NO “Im not listening !…like some errand school kid ….. My other side agrees it’s certainly a route forward!…so I’m asking?… Did those of you who had elective amputation fight the same demons inside ?…. Or did the decision come easily?…how does one elect to have ones leg amputated ,…?to be quite honest and with a tear in my eye I truly don’t know what to do !…what will be the next stage in my dance!…thank you!..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

It's only fair to share...Pin on PinterestShare on RedditShare on StumbleUponTweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Email this to someone