With under 5 weeks to go before TEAM BADER Tandem Challenge Wales pedals off from Holyhead, preparations are getting well and truly under way.
The intrepid DBF Ambassadors, Wyn Jenkins and Margaret Biggs who plan to complete the 200 mile Vertical Axis of Wales on a Tandem to raise funds for the Douglas Bader Foundation have completed a successful training run. They plan to complete the challenge, which takes in some of the notoriously steep Welsh climbs, in 4 days between the 12th – 15th April.
- County Cycles are kindly (and very trustingly!) providing the Tandem.
- The route has been finalised with overnight stops organised.
All we need now is your support to enable them to reach their fund-raising target of £5,000.00. The money raised will go to the Douglas Bader Foundation to help it to continue its valuable work on behalf of amputees and other disabled.
HOW TO SUPPORT TEAM BADER TANDEM CHALLENGE WALES:
- You can donate through the dedicated Team Bader Tandem Challenge Wales JustGiving Page
- You can also download and print Flyers for the Event and distribute them where you think they’ll attract support. These are available as A4 and Double A5. (Click on the links – Flyers will open in new windows for printing.)
- You can also download and print Sponsorship Forms, available in colour or black & white. (Click on the links – Sponsorship Forms will open in new windows for printing. Please note that the b/w Form will be shown in portrait layout ready to print.)
- You can also support Wyn and Maggz in their brave efforts by simply turning up to cheer them on their way. The route is marked on the Flyer and, as well as the tandem whizzing by with both riders sporting the brand new, cutting edge of fashion Team Bader Kit, Wales has plenty of interest to tempt you too!
TEAM BADER, a brand new venture, has been created to encourage amputees and other disabled to enjoy the benefits of cycling and other sports. All are welcome to join and will be encouraged regardless of experience. Please contact us if you’d like to know more.Tags: Douglas Bader, Tandem Challenge Wales, Team Bader