A new event has been brought to our attention by Kiera Roche of LimbPower. The Discover Gymnastics Taster Days run by Disability Gymnastics will take place at Nottingham City Gymnastics Club on 2 consecutive Saturdays; the 10th and the 17th March, and will be for children aged 3-11 years old who have a physical impairment. Siblings are also welcome to attend and the cost is £3 per child.
To find out more, please check out the flyer and report below.
I’m the one who fulfils my potential.
Your heart is pounding, your muscles flex, adrenaline pulses through every inch of your whole body. In other words, you’ve never felt better.
Gymnastics is an inclusive sport, that means every activity involved can be adapted around your physical requirements. So whatever type of gymnastics you want to try, it really couldn’t be easier to get involved – and find out what you’re capable of.
Mainstream gymnastics sessions can be adapted to include people with a physical impairment. But if you’d prefer to start with dedicated classes, that is often an option too. Nottingham City Gymnastics Club offers a safe, friendly environment with professional coaches to help you learn. We’d be happy to discuss your needs and whether an inclusive mainstream or dedicated disability class would suit you best. Ask a coach for more details.
- Date: Saturday 10th and 17th March 2018 Time: 3.00-4.30pm
- Event hosted by: Nottingham City Gymnastics Club
- Venue Address: Denton Green, Broxtowe, NG8 6GD
Discover disability gymnastics with us:
- What will be involved on the day? This is an exciting opportunity for young people to experience gymnastics and meet new people.
- How to find us? Nottingham City Gymnastics Club is situated 5 miles off junction 26 on the M1. The club is situated in the middle of a roundabout with parking available directly outside the building.
- What will I need to bring? Please ensure you wear suitable clothing – shorts, joggers, leggings and t-shirt, and barefeet. Please ensure all jewellery is removed and hair is tied back. Participants will also require a drink.
- Who is the event for? The event is for children aged 3-11years old who have a physical impairment. Siblings are also welcome to attend.
- Cost is £3 per child.
- How to book? To book your place or for more information please contact:
- Andy Brittles from LimbPower on 07503030702
- Lisa Morten-Smith on 07496333096