Lesley Davidson, a PhD student at the University of Salford is keen to recruit upper limb prosthesis users to help with research.
The study will examine whether upper limb prosthetic repair or maintenance impacts the user. It’s hoped that the increased understanding will help to identify how services can be improved and lead to better experiences for all users.
You’ll find links to contact details and the Study Website at the bottom of this post.
Please do help with this research if you can as it could have beneficial results for all upper limb prosthetic wearers when their device needs repair or maintenance and your personal feedback will prove invaluable for the student.
Share your experiences of accessing repairs & maintenance for upper limb prosthetics in the UK
Aged 18 or over
Have upper limb prosthesis which has needed repair or maintenance
General Information / FAQ’s
What is the study about?
In this study, we’re interested in understanding what it’s like for the user when upper limb prosthetic repair or maintenance is required. Our hope is that this study will help us to identify how services can be improved and lead to better experiences for all users.
Who can take part?
- Anyone aged 18 or over who has ever had an upper limb prosthesis and needed a repair or maintenance.
What device type are you interested in?
- Any type of device including cosmetic, passive, body powered or electrically powered are all welcome.
- We’re interested in the experience of accessing repairs and/or maintenance and we want to understand from users, what the impact of these experiences are.
Can I share the study information with someone else?
- Yes – Please feel free to share the study information with other people whom you feel may be interested in taking part.
Who do I contact?
Links (will open in new tabs):
- Study Website: https://padlet.com/ldavidson311/ULPRepairStudy