Thomas with his new StormRunner
We were delighted to hear that our inspirational Junior Ambassador, Thomas Talbot, has had a fantastic season with his new StormRunner, and really done himself proud. As you will see, he is gaining personal bests and great results across different distances showing himself to be a very versatile athlete. With his talent and huge determination, Thomas is really becoming a RaceRunning force to be reckoned with and we’ve no doubt he has a very exciting future. Go Thomas!
A summary of his season so far:
- September 2018 – National CP Sport Athletics RR2 U16 Male Champion – 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m
- November 2018 – Selected to British Athletics RaceRunning Paralympic Development Academy.
- April 2019 – broke the Under 16 RR2 Male 100m World Record.
- He then bettered that time at Stoke Mandeville in May but it didn’t count as no electronic timing.
- May 2019 – Silver medallist in combined RR2/RR3 100m and 200m at the East Midlands Disability Athletics Championships
- June 2019 – established a new Under 16 RR2 1500m World Record in York – the first athlete in the world at this age in that class to do so.
- June 2019 – Bronze medallist at the 100m and 400m combined RR2/RR3 Northern Championships.
- July 2019 – National Junior Athletics Champion – RR2 Male – 100m, 200m, 400m and 800m and winner of the Lions International Endeavour Trophy at the championships.
- July 2019 – Bronze Medallist at the England Athletics National Disability Championships for RR2/RR3 combined 100m. Silver medallist at the same event for the RR2/RR3 combined 200m.
- August 2019 – Newham Parallel Success Meet – pb in the 400m
- September 7th / 8th – British Wheelchair Athletics Association Grand Prix – Stoke Mandeville – broke the 100m Males U16 100m World Record and ran a pb in his 400m twice over the weekend.
- This season he has also run a pb in his 200m twice and he is just a second off the 200m world record at the moment.
Thomas will also have competed at the CP National Athletics championships at the end of September by now and we’ll let you know how he got on.
There’s no rest for such a dedicated athlete though as he will now be into his winter season training again…
Huge congratulations to Thomas on such a fantastic season. We are so proud to have him as our first Junior Ambassador and will really look forward to seeing what 2020 will bring…