SUNDAY 13th MAY
2018, 9.00am Coleg Sir Gar, Gelli Aur Campus, Llandeilo, SA32 8NJ
The 3rd Dambusters Cycle Ride is approaching fast. This beautiful ride is rapidly becoming a favourite in the cycling calendar. It’s certainly a DBF favourite! Organised by DBF Ambassador, Wyn Jenkins, this wonderful event raises funds jointly for the DBF and Wyn’s Cycling Club, CMC Cycling Club, Llandeilo.
Ideal as an early season sportive for the experienced rider and a good challenge for those new to the sport. Wyn Jenkins
Places are strictly limited to 300 and have been going fast but there are still a few remaining. Entries will close as soon as we reach 300 so if you’d like to join the Dambusters 2018 we advise you to act promptly to avoid disappointment. You can secure your place through the British Cycling Website link underneath the post.
This year is particularly auspicious with the date falling on the actual 75th Anniversary of the original Dambusters Raid (see link below). It is being run by Wyn Jenkins, a cycling enthusiast as well as being our wonderful DBF Ambassador. Sadly he won’t be in the saddle as he’s going to be too busy organising the ride for others to enjoy! With 2 previous hugely successful events under his belt, he’s getting pretty good at this and this year’s ride promises to be bigger and better than ever.
Fabulous event, well organised,
beautiful views, plenty of feed stations, friendly cyclists and all for a good cause. Diolch yn fawr I really enjoyed it.Wendy Rees Burge
Care has been taken to ensure that The Dambusters Cycle Ride, unlike many, truly is disability friendly. There are 2 routes to choose from to suit different levels of ability and experience, support and friendship along the ride and a knowledgeable and helpful back up team with support for you and your bike and a lift available for those in need. Both rides are themed and you will also find several food stations on the route with a treat in store once you reach the Llyn Brianne Dam.
The 2 routes are:
- Target Mission (55 miles): A chance for serious riders to challenge themselves as it incorporates a 4 mile climb up to the Llyn Brianne Reservoir
- Fighter Escort (35 miles): A shorter, gentler route missing out the killer hill and “as flat as any ride in this area can possibly be”!
Both rides start and finish on the edge of Llandeilo and take in some of the stunning scenery around the Towy Valley and the half way point at the Llyn Brianne Reservoir. When you finish you will be rewarded with a hot meal, a chance to wind down and relax and even a massage as an extra treat!
One of the few rides that can genuinely be called ‘Disability Friendly’ Wyn Jenkins, DBF Ambassador and Event Organiser
We are extremely grateful to Wyn Jenkins for all his efforts in organising this event on our behalf and his wife, Marg, for her phenomenal co-piloting. Also to the most friendly and welcoming Cycling Club you’ll ever find, CMC Cycling Club, Llandeilo for their ongoing help and support.
- You can get more details and enter via the British Cycling Website: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/172887/The-Dambuster-Ride-2018#50Srb2oqkDretRhW.99
- and check out the Dambusters Cycle Ride Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/The-DamBuster-Cycle-Ride-1518533518448277/ where you’ll also be able to see some great photographs and footage of last year’s event.
- If you want to bone up on your history, click on the link to learn about the Incredible Story of the Dambusters Raid
- For more information about CMC Cycling Club take a look at their Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/cmcllandeilo/
- Coleg Sir Gar, Gelli Aur Campus, Llandeilo, Carmarthenshire, SA32 8NJ